Friday, September 4, 2015

String Challenge #108

String Challenge #108
String #108 with Lanie, Cubine Chemystery & Printemps

I tend to go off the grids these days, preferring more organic patterns and strings. I made an attempt at getting this out of the box but no good came from it. Back to the drawing board and this came about. 
As these challenges tend to go, I am almost always forced out of my comfort zone and the results generally come about after a few fits and starts. To tell you the truth, I had many doubts about this one along the way and had to step away from it several times. It didn't really gel until I added the shading and I only just added the swirly Printemps within the Chemystery grid.
The more I look at it the more I like it and a great big shout out to Adele for once again coming up with another great challenge.

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments always make my day.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely idea, to use Lanie as a border!
    These challenges also take me out of my comfort zone. As if the chosen patterns and string aren't meant to be used at the same time ;-) So, sometimes my final piece surprises me, sometimes I don't really like it. Oh well... ;-)

    ReplyDelete